TEST STITCHERS WANTED
Update: Wowser, lots of you want to do test stitching for me - this was an absolutely amazing response. I've shut down the form for now so I can actually get back to everyone who came forward but keep reading below and if this sounds of interest keep an eye out for next time.
We're looking for test stitchers to stitch up brand new (top secret!) Spruce Craft Co. designs for product photography and launch. We’ll send you supplies for you to stitch from the comfort of your own home.
We're after people based in Australia who:
- Are experienced cross stitchers who can follow counted patterns and produce high quality neat work
- Can work to a pre-negotiated deadline (you can dedicate as much or a little time as you want to stitching)
- Can supply high quality digital images of ‘work-in-progress’ once a week as you stitch it up (natural lighting preferable)
- Can let me know of any errors in patterns
Test stitchers will:
- Be setup with an ABN so you can invoice me (this is easy, I can point you in the right direction)
- Purchase supplies from Spruce Craft Co at commencement of project – I’ll reimbursement you on completion
- Return finished project via registered post – I’ll reimburse you on completion
Spruce Craft Co. will:
- Pay $0.07 (seven cents) per stitch (our software can calculate this, you won’t have to keep track yourself). An average size Spruce Craft Co. pattern is 2000-3000 stitches, which works out to be $140-$210.
- Reimburse all supplies and postage costs
- Give you a digital copy of the pattern to keep
How this will work:
- Test stitchers will supply an invoice to business (invoice to include project fee, supplies costs, postage costs and bank account details).
- Spruce Craft Co will pay invoices upon receipt of the finished piece.
Extra (but still important):
- Test stitchers will not share photos of design, either finished or in-progress, until business has officially released new design. I’ll credit you for your stitching skills (if you want me to) when using your 'work-in-progress' photos on social media.
- Test stitchers will not share copies of chart or distribute copies of chart either during or after completion of project
- Finished piece to be returned unwashed and unironed.